Just When It Seems That We Will Never Understand fashion clothes, We Suddenly Get It
This article has proven to be very useful to our readers and they come back regularly to keep abreast of the latest developments. While fashion clothes remains an important subject, it's always an added bonus when you can be enlightened, and even amused by being shown the other side of the issue. Some things are not always what they seem. Read on for more insight.
Thigh-High Boots – Can 40 Plus Women Wear Them?
Let’s start by getting down to the nitty-gritty and answering the question in the title. Can women over 40 wear thigh-highs? The answer is of course they can, but… as with any fashion trend, you have to get it right and the thigh-high boot does come with a lot of connotations, some excellent and some terrible. Let’s take a look at the history of the thigh-high boot to start with.
All through the 60s and 70s, the thigh-high was a fantastic fashion statement. It gave women a lot of sex appeal without taking away their “excellent” reputations and the look was very laid-back, many a time worn with the classic over the knee denim skirt, for example. Then the thigh-high somehow earned itself a reputation associated with promiscuity and prostitution. A number of female prostitute characters from Hollywood movies have been clothed in the thigh high boot to described the sort of character the directors have wanted to represent to their audiences. The boot became a symbol for women with loose morals and dignity. In contemporary years the thigh high boot has made a huge come back and this is why women over 40 want to know if they can get away with wearing the item as much as a young woman can without evoking those negative connotations of the earlier period.
How Can Women Over 40 Wear the Thigh-High?
Regardless of your age, the really tight thigh high boot is best worn by women with slim legs. If your legs are small and chunky it becomes very hard to pull this style of well. So consider this first beyond anything else.
The main issue is that we don’t want women over 40 looking like they are trying to hard, trying to be younger than what they are or wearing a costume rather than simply enjoying a fashion trend. Therefore, stick to the following rules and you’ll be fine:
1. Avoid showing lots of flesh (mini skirts are a no go area)
2. Tight jeans are classic and safe as well as being very comfortable and sexy
3. Keep it simple (avoid those styles with lots of embellishment: laces, zips, buckles, colourful stitching, anything! Classic is key and very flattering)
4. Avoid patent or shiny boots (you will look like you want to star in a porn movie)
5. Dark colours are best as they don’t call out for attention (greys, browns, blues and the classic black)
6. Be in no doubt (if you want to wear them, wear them without apologizing for it and feel comfortable in your clothing)
7. Bottom line is: Don’t place them on if you feel embarrassed by what you see in the mirror. Search for a different pair that make you feel cool and cool. We are better judges of what we look like to the rest of the world than we reckon. Use your judgement.
Mia Thomson writes on the fashions of the 60s and 70s including thigh high and over the knee boots of then and now
Thanks for reading the article. And please, do come back again.
Short URL: http://fashionnewssource.com/?p=241